Truffled French Fries
"During dinner at the W. Fort Lauderdale Hotel, truffled french fries came with our meal. After asking the ingredients, I came home to make them myself. A fun, very delicious, yet high caloric treat! Be sure to buy high quality truffle oil at an Italian or specialty market. My recipe calls for red potatoes, but frozen (shoestring-size) fries do cut down on time and taste almost as good."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients50 m servings 435
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Cut potatoes to desired size, but not too thick. Try to ensure fries are as close to the same size as possible.
- Place fries into a microwave-safe container and microwave for 4 minutes.
- Place oil into a frying pan and heat to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Place 1 to 2 handfuls of fries in the frying pan and fry until browned and soft, 4 to 5 minutes, turning and tossing frequently to cook evenly.
- Preheat the oven to 225 degrees F (110 degrees C).
- Drain fries in a bowl lined with a paper towel. Toss fries in the bowl to get rid of excess oil; remove paper towel.
- Combine cilantro, Parmesan cheese, garlic, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Toss fries in the mixture until well mixed. Drizzle fries with truffle oil and toss again until well mixed. Transfer fries to an oven-safe container.
- Bake in the preheated oven to allow truffle oil to settle and reheat fries, 5 to 7 minutes. Serve fries while hot.
You might also like
- Editor's Note:
- We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. Amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and specific type of oil used.
Per Serving: 435 calories; 18.6 61.1 9.1 3 1840 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1