Camarones con Crema (Mexican Shrimp in Cream)
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients25 m servings 301
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Place bell peppers, onion, and garlic in the butter and saute until tender and onion is translucent, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove and set aside. Save pan and juices and keep warm.
- Combine broth and green chiles in a separate pan and bring to a simmer. Turn off heat and add cream cheese, stirring slowly until incorporated. Add Mexican crema, chile de arbol, cumin, and oregano. Stir again. Add peppers, onion, and garlic; stir to incorporate. Remove from heat.
- Heat reserved pan with juices over medium-high heat. Cook shrimp until they are bright pink on the outside and the meat is opaque, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Stir shrimp into cream mixture and serve.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- You may also use chicken in this recipe.
- If cream mixture is too thick, add chicken broth until you reach desired consistency. If too thin, add more cream cheese or Mexican crema.
Per Serving: 301 calories; 20.9 6 22.6 235 917 Full nutrition