Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 10 m servings 431
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Heat oil in a large stockpot over medium-high heat. Add onion, bell pepper, and jalapeno and saute until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Drain liquid from tomatoes into the stockpot. Place tomatoes on a cutting board, dice, and add to the pot. Add chicken broth, rice mix, and seasoning packet, cover, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until rice is tender, about 25 minutes.
- Add sliced sausage and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in shrimp, and cook until they are bright pink on the outside and the meat is opaque, about 3 minutes more.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Omit jalapenos and use mild sausage to lower heat level.
- Water can be used instead of chicken broth, and you can use smoked sausage instead of fully cooked Italian sausage.
Per Serving: 431 calories; 19.4 35.3 28.6 162 1842 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1