Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 20 m servings 159
Original recipe yields 16 servings (8 mini loaves)
- Heat yogurt in a microwave-safe bowl in a microwave or on the stovetop until lukewarm.
- Dissolve yeast in warm water. Stir in yogurt, 2 cups flour, sugar, oil, and salt. Beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to make dough easy to handle.
- Turn dough out on a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth. Place in a greased bowl and let rise in until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Shape dough into 8 loaves; brush each lightly with cold water. Cut 3 diagonal slashes across the top of each loaf with a sharp knife. Let rise until doubled in size, about 25 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Brush loaves with cold water.
- Bake in the preheated oven until they sound hollow when tapped, 30 to 35 minutes, brushing with water twice during baking time.
You might also like
Per Serving: 159 calories; 2.6 28.2 5.5 2 314 Full nutrition