Best Lemon Zucchini Bread
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"This lemon zucchini bread has wowed every person my Mom made it for, and she has now passed this tried-and-true recipe to me, with the same results. If you are tempted to skip the nutmeg, don't! It's the secret ingredient that makes this bread pop. This loaf won't last a day in your house, so it's best to double or triple the recipe to ensure everyone gets a slice! The loaf freezes well, just slice before freezing."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 15 m servings 220
Original recipe yields 12 servings (1 loaf)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a loaf pan.
- Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and nutmeg together in a bowl.
- Beat egg with sugar, milk, oil, and lemon juice in another bowl. Pour into the dry ingredients and add lemon zest and zucchini. Stir with a fork until moist, but very thick. Pour into the prepared pan and smooth the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 60 to 70 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- You can grate your zucchini in the fall and freeze in 1 cup bags. Just thaw it out and make sure to squeeze out the excess juice. If you have picky eaters, peel the zucchini skin off so they can't see it in the bread.
Per Serving: 220 calories; 10 30.5 3.3 16 242 Full nutrition