Buddy's Maple Mascarpone Cream
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"An Italian favorite to serve with pandoro or panettone, or even on crepes, or to dip your cantucci biscotti, this mascarpone cream is inspired by "Elf", the movie. Instead of rum or brandy, this uses maple syrup for an extra boost in flavor. Buddy might put it on spaghetti, but I wouldn't advise it."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients15 m servings 242
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Whisk egg whites in a stand mixer fitted with a wire whisk attachment until soft peaks form. Set aside in another bowl.
- Beat egg yolks and sugar together in the bowl using the paddle attachment until smooth and pale. Add maple syrup and beat until fully combined. Slowly mix in mascarpone cheese. Fold in egg whites.
- Keep in the refrigerator for up to 48 hours, loosely covered with plastic wrap. Cream may begin to separate after 24 hours. Gently stir before serving.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- If you prefer, you can pasteurize the eggs with a sugar syrup. Beat whole eggs with 1/4 cup sugar. Heat 1/4 cup sugar with 1/4 cup water until it reaches 250 degrees F (121 degrees C). Mix the syrup into the creamed eggs in a slow, steady stream until fully incorporated and sides of the bowl are cool to the touch. Mix in mascarpone and maple syrup. This method doesn't use the whipped egg whites, but is delicious all the same.
- Editor's Note:
- This recipe contains raw egg. We recommend that pregnant women, young children, the elderly, and the infirm do not consume raw egg.
Per Serving: 242 calories; 21 10.7 4.8 107 43 Full nutrition