Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients3 h 5 m servings 776
Original recipe yields 6 servings (6 large cinnamon rolls)
- Combine 1 cup flour, sugar, yeast, and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Heat milk and butter chunks in a saucepan over medium-low heat until butter has melted and mixture is 110 degrees F (43 degrees C), about 5 minutes.
- Pour warm milk mixture into the yeast mixture and beat for 2 minutes with an electric mixer. Add 1 cup flour and egg; beat for 2 minutes. Stir in 1 1/2 cups flour and knead until smooth. Knead for an additional 10 minutes, gradually adding in remaining 1/4 cup flour. Shape dough into a ball.
- Grease a bowl and place dough inside. Turn dough over so the greased side is facing up, cover, and let rise until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Punch down the dough and let rest for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine brown sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Grease a 9x13-inch baking pan.
- Roll dough on a lightly floured surface to an 8x24-inch rectangle and spread with softened butter. Sprinkle cinnamon-sugar mixture evenly over top and then sprinkle with walnuts and raisins.
- Roll dough into a 24-inch log, starting at the long edge closest to you. Slice log lengthwise down the middle, making two 24-inch long strips of dough. Place dough strips next to each other with cut sides facing up. Press together one set of ends and twist strips around each other tightly, keeping cut sides up. Pinch ends together to secure.
- Slice twisted log into 6 pieces and press ends together firmly. Place in the prepared baking pan and press down to ensure rolls are an even height. Cover and let rise until doubled in size, about 45 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Bake rolls in the preheated oven until top is golden brown, about 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly.
- Mix confectioners' sugar and water together to a drizzling consistency, and drizzle over warm rolls.
You might also like
Per Serving: 776 calories; 23.7 130.2 12.7 71 196 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1