Delicious Turkey Soup with Deep-Fried Stuffing Balls
10 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients6 h 40 m servings 2681
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Heat a slow cooker on High until hot. Stir in butter, followed by carrots, celery, onion, garlic, salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until golden, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Stir the turkey carcass, chicken broth, thyme, sage, and bay leaf into the slow cooker. Reduce the heat to Low, cover, and cook until turkey meat is falling off the bones, about 6 hours.
- While the soup is cooking, make the stuffing balls. Roll the leftover stuffing into 2-inch balls. Place bread crumbs into a shallow dish and coat balls evenly in bread crumbs.
- Heat vegetable oil in a deep pan to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Fry stuffing balls in the hot oil until evenly browned, about 3 minutes. Remove stuffing balls with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Set aside.
- Discard the turkey bones from the soup. Serve with two stuffing balls in each bowl.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- And if you want a nice meal without the pre-work of an actual turkey dinner, simply use 4 turkey thighs and a box of Stove Top stuffing! If stuffing is being made that day make sure it has time to cool in the refrigerator; the balls will hold their shape better when the stuffing is cold.
Per Serving: 2681 calories; 253 27.2 73.5 393 1012 Full nutrition