Ingredients6 h 30 m servings 647
- Combine potatoes, chicken stock, onion, salt, and pepper in a slow cooker. Cook on High until potatoes are tender, about 4 hours.
- Meanwhile, place bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain bacon on paper towels and wipe out most of the grease from the skillet.
- Puree potatoes in the slow cooker with an immersion blender until smooth. Add 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese and 1/2 of the cooked bacon, set temperature to Low, and cook for 1 to 2 hours.
- Melt butter in the skillet over medium-low heat. Whisk in flour and stir until the mixture becomes paste-like and light golden brown, about 5 minutes. Add heavy cream and sour cream and whisk until thickened. Pour into the slow cooker and cook on Low for 1 more hour.
- Ladle into bowls and garnish with remaining bacon, remaining Cheddar, sour cream, and scallions.
- Cook's Note:
- If you don't have an immersion blender, you can use a potato masher instead.
Per Serving: 647 calories; 42.2 50.3 19.2 137 1088 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
Guess I am the first. A very tasty and hearty soup perfect for the damp cold nights we having here now. The ingredients called for garlic powder, but nothing more mentioned of it in instructions...
Made a larger batch than the recipe called for, left out the carrots and vinegar and used chicken broth to achieve a nice, creamy, hearty consistency. Flavor was perfect, very much like restau...