Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 35 m servings 410
Original recipe yields 10 servings
- Place sweet potatoes into a large pot and cover with water. Add enough salt so that the water tastes like seawater. Bring to a boil and cook potatoes until fork tender and mashable, 20 to 30 minutes. Drain.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Butter a casserole dish.
- Transfer potatoes to a large mixing bowl and mash with a potato masher. Add 1/2 the butter, 1/2 of the brown sugar, orange zest, orange juice, and vanilla extract; mix until well combined. Allow mixture to cool slightly, then add cream, cinnamon, salt, cloves, and nutmeg. Taste and adjust spices to your liking. Mix in eggs until well combined. Transfer to the prepared casserole dish.
- Mix remaining 1/2 cup brown sugar with flour in a small bowl. Sprinkle pecans over the potato mixture, and then do the same with the brown sugar-flour mixture. Sprinkle remaining butter pieces on top of the casserole and cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes. Remove aluminum foil and continue to bake until topping is crispy, about 20 minutes longer. Serve once cooled.
You might also like
Per Serving: 410 calories; 18.1 58.3 6.1 66 272 Full nutrition