Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients3 h 15 m servings 373
Original recipe yields 10 servings (1 9x5-inch loaf)
- Dissolve yeast in warm water and let sit for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, coat the inside of a large bowl with cooking spray.
- Add warm milk, melted butter, egg, and salt to yeast mixture; whisk for 1 minute. Gradually stir in flour until dough is no longer sticky.
- Knead dough by hand on a lightly floured surface or in a stand mixer fitted with a bread hook for 10 minutes. Transfer to the prepared bowl and turn until dough is covered in cooking spray. Cover with a damp cloth and leave in a warm place until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Spray a 9x5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray. Mix together sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl; set aside.
- Remove dough from the bowl. Punch it and fold in the sides. Flatten dough with a rolling pin into a 9x18-inch rectangle. Brush on melted butter and sprinkle with all but 3 tablespoons cinnamon-sugar mixture. Sprinkle with chopped chocolate. Roll dough carefully, starting at the short end, and pinch closed at the seam. Place seam-side down in the prepared loaf pan. Cover the pan and set in a warm place until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Brush beaten egg on top of dough and sprinkle with remaining 3 tablespoons cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Bake in preheated oven until top is golden brown, 40 to 45 minutes. Carefully tip loaf out of pan onto a work surface and let it cool on a wire rack.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- You can use vegetable oil instead of cooking spray, if preferred.
Per Serving: 373 calories; 15.1 52.8 8.7 55 258 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1