Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 25 m servings 403
Original recipe yields 6 servings (6 empanadas)
- Combine chicken strips, 2 tablespoons olive oil, 2 cloves garlic, 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar, oregano, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Let marinate for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine tomato and onion with remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil, 2 cloves garlic, and 1/4 teaspoon balsamic vinegar. Season with salt and pepper. Let marinate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Cook chicken in a hot skillet until juices run clear, 5 to 8 minutes. Use 2 forks to shred the chicken in the skillet. Add lemon juice to finish cooking.
- Divide pizza dough into 6 sections. Roll each section into a 6-inch circle on a floured surface, working fresh basil into the dough as you roll.
- Layer spinach, chicken, mozzarella, and tomato mixture on one half of each circle. Fold over to cover the filling and press the curved edge to seal.
- Lightly coat a baking sheet with olive oil. Lightly brush the tops of the empanadas with olive oil and transfer to the baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, 12 to 15 minutes.
You might also like
Per Serving: 403 calories; 16.4 42 21.5 34 761 Full nutrition