Shrimp and Bean Tacos
4 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients55 m servings 665
Original recipe yields 8 servings (8 tacos)
- Place shrimp in a colander and place colander in a large bowl of cold water. Let shrimp sit, submerged, until thawed, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Drain shrimp, remove tails and skins, and transfer to a wide, shallow bowl. Add just enough milk to cover shrimp.
- Mix almond flour, coconut flour, garlic powder, paprika, salt, and pepper together in a bowl. Stir ranch dressing, hot pepper sauce, and lime juice together in a separate bowl.
- Take shrimp from the milk and dredge in the flour-spice mixture, pressing firmly until evenly coated. Repeat with remaining shrimp.
- Heat avocado oil in a deep, medium saucepan over medium heat. Lower shrimp carefully into the hot oil in batches. Fry until golden brown and the meat is opaque, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to drain. Repeat with remaining shrimp.
- Heat black beans in a small saucepan over low heat until warm, about 5 minutes.
- While beans are heating, spread one side of each tortilla with a thin layer of butter. Heat tortillas in a skillet over low heat until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Layer each tortilla with about 4 shrimp, black beans, diced onion, tomato, avocado, and cilantro, and drizzle ranch sauce over top.
You might also like
- Editor's Note:
- We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. Amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and specific type of oil used.
Per Serving: 665 calories; 42.9 50.7 23.2 94 861 Full nutrition