Japanese Curry Chicken
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 15 m servings 652
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Place chicken in a large, deep skillet. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper on both sides. Add 1/3 cup water to the pan, cover, and cook over medium heat until no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, about 20 minutes.
- While chicken is cooking, pour 2 cups water into a microwave-safe bowl. Break curry sauce mix into pieces and add to water. Heat in the microwave on high for 3 1/2 minutes; remove and stir until sauce mix has completely dissolved.
- Remove chicken from the skillet. Cut into cubes, return to the skillet, and pour curry sauce over top. Stir in peas, potatoes, mushrooms, carrots, and onion. Bring to a boil, then lower heat and simmer until vegetables are tender, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring remaining water and rice to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until rice is tender and water has been absorbed, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Scoop rice into bowls and serve curry on top.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Two 3.2-ounce packages of curry sauce mix can be used instead of the larger package.
- Baby portobello mushrooms can be used instead of cremini mushrooms.
- You can substitute a canned pea-and-carrot mixture for the canned peas. Substitute one 15-ounce can of diced potatoes for the new potatoes if desired.
Per Serving: 652 calories; 13.8 94.6 37.2 65 1750 Full nutrition