Ingredients55 m servings 114
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Cover a large baking sheet with parchment paper; do not use waxed paper.
- Place potatoes into a pot and cover with salted water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until fork-tender, about 20 minutes. Remove from heat and drain.
- Pour 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil onto the parchment paper-covered sheet. Place potatoes on the oil and roll to coat. Push potatoes to one side of the pan. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon sea salt onto oil; space potatoes evenly on the salted oil.
- Place the bottom of a drinking glass on each potato and push down firmly until the it cracks open and is about 1-inch thick. Brush potatoes with remaining oil and sprinkle with remaining sea salt. Sprinkle with pepper to taste. Tuck rosemary sprigs among potatoes.
- Roast in the preheated oven until edges are crispy and beginning to to brown, about 20 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- Make sure to use baby red potatoes that are fairly uniform in size.
- Do-ahead step: After boiling, the potatoes can be stored in the refrigerator for 1 to 2 days. Bring to room temperature for about 1 hour before finishing in oven.
Per Serving: 114 calories; 6.9 12.3 1.5 0 665 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
These were excellent! Crunchy on the outside and tender on the inside, I will make these often and experiment with different herbs.
+These are funny little things, but absolutely delicious and worth the small amount of effort. Give them a try, they will make you smile.