Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 25 m servings 191
Original recipe yields 14 servings (1 9x5-inch loaf)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9x5-inch loaf pan.
- Combine sugar, shortening, eggs, and salt in a large bowl; beat with an electric mixer until well combined.
- Mix flour and baking powder together in a medium bowl. Add flour mixture to shortening mixture in 2 or 3 batches, alternating with maraschino cherry juice, mixing batter well after each addition.
- Cut each cherry into 4 pieces; stir into batter with pecans. Spoon mixture into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 1 hour. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Run a table knife around the edges to loosen and invert loaf onto a wire rack. Let cool completely.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Use three 1/4x5 3/4-inch loaf pans to make 3 mini loaves, if desired. Reduce cooking time for smaller loaf pans.
Per Serving: 191 calories; 7.3 29.9 2.6 23 228 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2