Baked Chicken Parmesan Dip
Ingredients9 h servings 364
- Drain ricotta cheese in a mesh strainer set over a bowl in the refrigerator, 8 hours to overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Season chicken with salt, pepper, and cayenne.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Cook chicken breasts in the hot oil until browned and just barely cooked through, about 6 minutes per side. Turn off heat and splash in cold water, stirring to deglaze. Transfer chicken and pan drippings into a bowl to let cool, about 5 minutes. Dice or shred the chicken.
- Combine drained ricotta cheese, salt, pepper, 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, 8 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, and 1 ounce Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese in a bowl. Mix with a spoon to evenly distribute. Add chicken, the pan drippings, and marinara sauce. Mix with a fork until just combined.
- Combine bread crumbs and remaining olive oil in the bowl used for the chicken and mix to coat.
- Transfer chicken mixture to an ungreased baking dish. Top with oiled crumbs, 2 tablespoons Parmesan, 2 tablespoons mozzarella, and 2 tablespoons Monterey Jack cheese.
- Bake in the center of the preheated oven until browned and bubbly, about 20 minutes.
- Let rest for 10 minutes. Garnish with parsley and serve with a spoon or spreading knife.
- Chef's Notes:
- While breasts are the classic cut to use for chicken Parmesan, this would also work beautifully with skinless, boneless thighs, or you can pick up a rotisserie chicken and pull the meat off it.
- You can use cream cheese instead of ricotta, if you like.
Per Serving: 364 calories; 24.6 9.1 26.1 74 609 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
Funny story, I thought I had chicken breasts, but I didn’t and with one hour til the party I was in trouble. I found a box of dinosaur chicken nuggets, air fried them, and cubed them as a substi...
Oh, wow. I saw the video while hungry, and IMMEDIATELY went to the store. This was absolutely amazing! We didn't just use crostini for ours; because my family ate this as a meal, we used sandwic...
So good! This would be great party food. I followed the recipe as written and don't think I would change anything. I used a loaf of french bread for Crostini from this site. We had this for ...