Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h servings 169
Original recipe yields 24 servings (1 9x13-inch baking dish)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Combine butter, confectioners' sugar, and vanilla bean halves in a bowl. Beat on low speed until smooth. Gradually mix in sifted flour until incorporated and dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl. Do not overmix. Press dough evenly into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until pale golden, about 18 minutes. Allow to cool for 10 to 12 minutes.
- While shortbread is cooling, preparing chocolate ganaches. Combine dark chocolate chips and 2 tablespoons cream in a small saucepan over low heat; cook and stir until melted and smooth, 2 to 3 minutes. Repeat with white chocolate chips and remaining cream in a second saucepan. Be careful that the chocolate does not scorch.
- Drizzle both ganaches liberally over the shortbread using 2 spoons. Allow chocolate to cool and set, about 10 minutes. Cut shortbread into squares.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Substitute 1 teaspoon vanilla extract for the vanilla bean, and use semisweet chocolate chips instead of dark, if preferred.
Per Serving: 169 calories; 10.9 17 1.5 25 6 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1