Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients8 h 55 m servings 136
Original recipe yields 16 servings (1 4-pound roast)
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add lamb and cook until outside is browned, about 5 minutes per side. Remove to a plate and add onion to the oil in the skillet. Saute until lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- Place onion in the bottom of a slow cooker pot and place the lamb roast on top. Mix water, soy sauce, garlic, and onion soup mix together and pour over the roast. Cook on Low for 8 to 10 hours.
- Remove roast, cover lightly with foil, and let rest for 20 minutes before carving. Mix butter and flour into a paste. Add small pieces of this paste to the hot cooking liquid, mixing well to incorporate. Cook until sauce reaches desired thickness, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Slice roast thinly and serve with gravy.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- You may need to make more of the flour/butter mix depending on how thick you like your gravy.
- I dice the leftover lamb, mix with the leftover gravy and frozen mixed vegetable (cooked in the microwave), and top with leftover mashed potatoes to make a wonderful shepherd's pie.
Per Serving: 136 calories; 6.4 4.4 14.5 48 655 Full nutrition