Instant Pot® Ginataang Salmon (Filipino Salmon in Coconut Milk)
Ingredients50 m servings 651
- Turn on a multi-functional pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot(R)) and select Saute function. Warm vegetable oil in pot, and add sesame oil. Add onion and green onions and saute for 1 minute. Add garlic powder; cook for 1 minute. Mix in diced tomato and pour in fish sauce; cook until heated through, about 2 minutes.
- Add vegetable broth to the pot and place salmon on top of the liquid and vegetables. Select Cancel to turn off Saute mode, and close and lock the lid. Select high pressure according to manufacturer's instructions; set timer for 5 minutes. Allow 10 to 15 minutes for pressure to build.
- Release pressure using the natural-release method according to manufacturer's instructions, 10 to 20 minutes. Remove lid. Pour in coconut milk, then add broccoli and kale. Mix vegetables gently around the side of salmon, but be careful not to break up the cooked salmon. Sprinkle salt and pepper over top. Replace lid and set vent to "Sealing."
- Select the Steam function and steam for 2 minutes. Release pressure by turning the seal to "Venting." Remove lid.
- Cook's Notes:
- Use a side of salmon weighing between 10 and 12 ounces. If you are using frozen salmon, set the timer during the High pressure cooking phase to 7 minutes.
- You can use coconut milk or coconut cream, depending on your preference.
Per Serving: 651 calories; 50 16.7 37.6 92 2041 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
I did make a few changes ....like left out the vegetable broth & just used the coconut milk. Didn't use the kale...think you could substitute any vegetables...I used carrots broccoli & didn't ha...
I made this on the COOKTOP in a large frypan. Easy and so quick. Just follow the recipe to the sauté, use fresh garlic, cut the Kale and broccoli florets small, top with two portions of salmon, ...
Not bad. My husband liked it and he normally doesn't like salmon. I liked everything but the salmon.
Not interesting at all. Very disappointing. Very blan in taste. Nobody enjoyed it very much.