Scalloped Sweet Potatoes
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h servings 246
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Place sweet potatoes into a large pot and cover with salted water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until almost tender, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add leek; cover and and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 7 minutes. Stir in flour, salt, and pepper; cook, stirring for 1 minute. Stir in milk slowly. Cook, stirring, until evenly thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Remove sauce from heat. Drain sweet potatoes and gently stir in sauce to coat. Arrange potatoes in rows in an 8-inch square glass baking dish. Spoon any remaining sauce on top.
- Stir bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, and butter for topping together in a small bowl until crumbly. Sprinkle over sweet potatoes.
- Bake, uncovered, until heated through, about 20 minutes. Turn on the oven's broiler and broil until golden, about 3 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- You can cover the arranged sweet potato slices in the baking dish prior to baking and refrigerate for up to 1 day, if making ahead.
Per Serving: 246 calories; 5.9 43.2 5.6 16 283 Full nutrition