Chinese-Style BBQ Pork Ribs
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"Always the crowd pleaser at any BBQ. Sweet and sticky. This family favorite was handed down to me. I wouldn't do ribs any other way. It's a little involved: overnight marinade, baking, then finishing off on the BBQ, but well worth the effort. And kids love them too! I like to serve this with corn on the cob, an herb or pilaf rice, roasted potatoes, or a salad."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 20 m servings 450
Original recipe yields 4 servings (1 rack)
- Peel membrane off the bone side of ribs, if desired. Poke meat all over with a fork; place ribs in a resealable plastic zip-top bag.
- Mix soy sauce, white wine, sesame oil, garlic, ginger, five-spice, and black pepper together. Pour over the ribs in the bag, seal, and marinate at least 1 hour, ideally overnight. Shake bag occasionally.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Remove ribs from marinade and place in a greased baking pan. Discard marinade.
- Bake in the preheated oven, turning once, until meat pulls away easily from the bone, 50 to 55 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 145 degrees F (63 degrees C).
- Meanwhile, mix hoisin sauce, honey, sesame oil, wine, brown sugar, five-spice, garlic powder, and pepper together for the BBQ sauce. Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat and lightly oil the grate. Keep ribs wrapped in aluminum foil until ready to grill.
- Grill ribs over medium-low to medium heat, brushing with the BBQ sauce, until sauce is thick and ribs are heated through, with some grill marks, 15 to 20 minutes. Do not overcook or they will become dry. Slice before serving.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Once baked, the ribs can be kept wrapped for as long as you like before reheating on the grill.
- I usually do 2 to 3 racks of ribs at once, each in their own plastic bag. It only takes a little longer to prepare and makes it more worth getting all these ingredients together.
- Editor's Note:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of marinade ingredients. The actual amount of marinade consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 450 calories; 29.2 24.9 19.6 88 803 Full nutrition