Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients13 h servings 40
Original recipe yields 128 servings (4 pints)
- Combine sugar, kumquats, water, and fruit pectin in a pot. Bring to a rapid boil over high heat; continue to boil for 1 minute. Let stand for 5 minutes; skim off foam on top.
- Meanwhile, inspect 4 pint-size jars for cracks and rings for rust, discarding any defective ones. Immerse in simmering water until kumquat mixture is ready. Wash new, unused lids and rings in warm soapy water.
- Pack marmalade into hot, sterilized jars, filling to within 1/4 inch of the top. Run a clean knife or thin spatula around the insides of the jars to remove any air bubbles. Wipe rims with a moist paper towel to remove any residue. Top with lids and screw rings on tightly.
- Place a rack in the bottom of a large stockpot and fill halfway with water. Bring to a boil and lower jars 2 inches apart into the boiling water using a holder. Pour in more boiling water to cover jars by at least 1 inch. Bring to a rolling boil, cover, and process for 10 minutes.
- Remove the jars from the stockpot and let rest, several inches apart, for 12 to 24 hours. Press the center of each lid with a finger to ensure the lid does not move up or down. Remove the rings for storage and store in a cool, dark area.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Instead of packing and canning, you can also pour the mixture into 1 cup freezer jars and freeze.
Per Serving: 40 calories; 0 10.3 0 0 < 1 Full nutrition