Best Spaghetti Squash Lasagna
13 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 35 m servings 385
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place each squash half cut-side down on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until easily pierced with a knife, about 45 minutes. Remove from oven and cool until easily handled. Scrape insides of squash into spaghetti strands with a fork. Transfer to a colander and place over a bowl to drain.
- While squash is baking, heat olive oil in skillet over medium heat; stir in onion and garlic. Cook and stir until the onion has softened and turned translucent, about 5 minutes. Add sausage, breaking it up with a sturdy spoon to remove clumps. Cook and stir sausage in the hot skillet until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Stir Worcestershire sauce, Italian seasoning, and 1 teaspoon salt into the sausage mixture. Add crushed tomatoes, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 30 minutes. Add wine and cook for another 30 minutes.
- Mix ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, basil leaves, remaining 1 teaspoon salt, and pepper together in a bowl.
- Layer 1/2 of the shredded spaghetti squash, 1/2 of the ricotta mixture, and 1/2 of the meat mixture in a 4-quart glass baking dish. Repeat layers once more, and top with mozzarella cheese slices.
- Bake in the preheated oven, turning halfway through, until cheese is golden, about 1 hour.
- Remove from the oven and immediately top with thin basil slices. Allow to cool for about 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
You might also like
Per Serving: 385 calories; 22.4 21.2 24.9 69 1247 Full nutrition