Vanilla Walnut Berry Trail Mix
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients10 m servings
Original recipe yields 8 servings (8 slightly heaping cups)
- Melt butter in a medium skillet over medium heat. Swirl in vanilla and sugar, then add walnuts. Cook, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes, or until toasted. Let cool completely.
- Add raisins and pumpkin seeds to walnuts and toss well to mix. Add strawberries and toss gently. Store in an airtight container.
You might also like
- Substitute 2 cups yogurt-covered pretzels for the raisins if desired.
- Use any mixture of freeze-dried fruits you like, including blueberries, peaches, and/or mango.
- Other optional ingredients to add in Step 2: Butter toffee sunflower seeds, yogurt melts (found in the baby food section of all major stores), yogurt-covered pretzels, diced dried pineapple, puffed rice cereal, coconut chips.
- Nutrition per Serving: Calories: 220 Total Fat: 22 g Polyunsaturated Fat: 13.8 g Monounsaturated Fat: 5.009 g Cholesterol: 0 mg Sodium: 2 mg Protein: 4 g Vitamin D: 0 mcg Calcium: 30 mg Iron: 1 mg Potassium: 150 mg Calories: 410 cal Total Fat: 28 g Saturated Fat: 7 g Polyunsaturated Fat: 14.2 g Monounsaturated Fat: 4.78 g Cholesterol: 10 mg Sodium: 40 mg Carbohydrates: 36 g Dietary Fiber: 5 g Total Sugars: 19 g Protein: 10 g Vitamin D: 0 mcg Calcium: 60 mg Iron: 2 mg Potassium: 250 mg