Stuffed Chicken Parmesan Sub
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients10 h 5 m servings 1104
Original recipe yields 8 servings (4 subs)
- Slice each chicken breast down the center to make 4 cutlets. Place each between 2 pieces of plastic wrap and pound to about 1/2 inch thinness with a meat mallet.
- Marinate chicken breasts in Italian dressing in the refrigerator overnight.
- Remove chicken to bring to room temperature 1 hour before cooking.
- Combine flour and baking powder in one bowl, milk and egg in another bowl, and bread crumbs in a third bowl. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon butter in a pan over medium heat. Cook prosciutto in the hot butter until it starts to brown, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Bring marinara sauce to a simmer in a saucepan.
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Lay chicken cutlets out flat. Line 1/4 of mozzarella cheese down the center of each and sprinkle 1/4 of prosciutto over cheese. Fold cutlets in half over the stuffing and secure edges together with toothpicks.
- Dunk rolled chicken into the flour mixture, then egg mixture, and finally bread crumbs.
- Drop chicken into the preheated fryer and cook until crumbs are golden brown, chicken floats, and is no longer pink in the center, 6 to 7 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to let grease run off.
- Cut sub rolls down the centers and spread remaining butter into interiors. Assemble sandwiches in the following manner: bottom sub half, chicken cutlet, marinara, provolone cheese, Parmesan cheese, and top sub half. Transfer subs to a baking pan.
- Toast in the preheated oven until bread is crisp and cheeses are melted, about 2 minutes. Serve hot.
You might also like
Per Serving: 1104 calories; 54 109.8 43.4 106 3563 Full nutrition