1 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h servings 324
Original recipe yields 8 servings (1 9-inch cobbler)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Butter a 9x9-inch square baking dish. Set aside.
- Place persimmon chunks into a large mixing bowl. Sprinkle in brown sugar, white sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice, lemon zest, vanilla powder, nutmeg, and cinnamon. Mix well and set aside.
- Mix flour, cornmeal, and baking powder together in a mixing bowl. Cut in the butter until it resembles small pebbles. Add buttermilk, little by little, mixing the dough with your hands. Once the dough forms a ball, turn out onto a flour-dusted work surface. Knead until smooth. Roll into an 8x8-inch, 1/2-inch thick square.
- Pour persimmon mixture with all its juices into the prepared baking dish. Tear off pieces of dough and lay them onto the top of the persimmons like patchwork. Allow a bit of space between each pieces so the juices can bubble up around the pieces.
- Brush the top with milk and sprinkle with cane sugar.
- Bake in the preheated oven until persimmons are bubbling and the biscuit topping is browned, about 40 minutes. Allow to cool before serving.
You might also like
Per Serving: 324 calories; 13.7 49.8 3.1 35 83 Full nutrition