Rachael Ray's Panettone French Toast
Rachael Ray Every Day
"We make this on Christmas morning and as we buy and receive lots of candied citrus cake--panettone--we make it for guests over many holiday weekend brunches. The recipe is equally delicious prepared with thick-sliced brioche or challah bread. We serve this with a petite smoked ham, sausage patties, or bacon."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients25 m servings 504
Original recipe yields 8 servings (4 pieces)
- In a large shallow dish, whisk up the eggs, salt, half-and-half, vanilla, almond extract, sugar, and nutmeg.
- Heat a large griddle over medium heat.
- In a small pan, melt the butter. In a small pot, gently warm the syrup with the cinnamon.
- Paint the griddle with the butter. Soak 4 slices of bread at a time in the egg mixture, turning and draining off the excess. Cook each slice slowly for 7 to 8 minutes, turning occasionally, until deeply golden. Remove to a wire rack-lined baking sheet and repeat with the remaining 4 slices of bread.
- Brush the toast with melted butter and serve, spooning the warm syrup over the top.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- You can use heavy cream instead of half-and-half.
- Substitute 1 cup honey for the maple syrup if desired.
- From the book "RACHAEL RAY 50: Memories and Meals from a Sweet and Savory Life" by Rachael Ray. Copyright © 2019 by Rachael Ray. Published by Ballantine Book, an imprint of Random House, a division of Penguin Random House LLC.
Per Serving: 504 calories; 22.8 71.2 7 183 414 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
i love your cooking rachel ray and i did not want to change anything of your cooking i made it.