Sous Vide Whole Turkey
4 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients18 h 50 m servings 518
Original recipe yields 20 servings
- Combine chicken stock, salt, rosemary, thyme, savory, and sage in a bowl.
- Place turkey in the brining bag and fill with brine, making sure to fill the cavity. Transfer the bag to a 5-gallon pot filled with water. Slowly push the brining bag under the water while you seal it, squeezing air out as you go; remove as much air as possible so bag does not float.
- Attach a sous vide cooker to the edge of the pot. Wrap it in a dish towel for insulation. Cover the pot with plastic wrap to reduce evaporation. Set temperature to 150 degrees F (65 degrees C); cook for 18 to 24 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Remove turkey from the brining bag and transfer to a large roasting pan. Discard brine.
- Bake in the preheated oven until nicely browned, about 30 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh, near the bone, should read 165 degrees F (74 degrees C). Remove from the oven, cover with a doubled sheet of aluminum foil, and allow to rest in a warm area for 10 minutes before slicing.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Any brining recipe will do. The amount of brine in this recipe works for a 15- to 20-pound turkey.
- Editor's Note:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of brine ingredients. The actual amount of brine consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 518 calories; 24.3 1.1 69.2 201 3991 Full nutrition