Air Fryer Mac and Cheese Balls
23 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients3 h 25 m servings 87
Original recipe yields 24 servings (24 balls)
- Pour water into a bowl and bring to a boil over high heat. Stir in macaroni pasta from dinner package. Cook until tender, stirring occasionally, 7 to 8 minutes. Drain; do not rinse. Return to the pot and stir in included cheese sauce, milk, and margarine. Add Cheddar cheese and stir until well combined and cheese is melted.
- Refrigerate macaroni and cheese until firm, 2 hours to overnight.
- Scoop macaroni and cheese into 1 1/2-inch balls and place on a parchment paper-lined cookie sheet. Freeze for 1 hour.
- Preheat an air fryer to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) according to manufacturer's instructions. Spray the basket with nonstick cooking spray.
- Mix panko, bread crumbs, salt, and garlic powder together in a medium bowl. Dip each ball in beaten eggs and then in panko mixture.
- Place mac and cheese balls into the air fryer basket in a single layer, making sure they are not touching; cook in batches if necessary.
- Cook in the preheated air fryer for 6 to 8 minutes. Turn over and fry until golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes more.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Make macaroni and cheese mix according to individual package instructions.
Per Serving: 87 calories; 4.2 9.3 3.7 21 227 Full nutrition