0 made it | 0 reviews |
"This cranberry-orange curd is not only easy to make, it makes the perfect accompaniment to baked goods and pastries over the holidays. If your prefer a smoother texture, press the cranberry mixture through a fine mesh sieve after blending in the food processor. This makes enough to fill a pint jar."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients30 m servings 61
Original recipe yields 16 servings
- Pour orange juice into a measuring cup and add enough water to make 3/4 cup liquid. Pour into a medium saucepan.
- Add orange zest, cranberries, and sugar and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, stirring occasionally, until cranberries have burst, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Pour cranberry mixture into a food processor or blender; blend until smooth, 10 to 20 seconds. Reserve 1/3 cup and return remaining cranberry mixture to saucepan over low heat.
- Whisk egg yolks together in a small bowl. Slowly add reserved cranberry mixture, whisking constantly. Slowly whisk egg-cranberry mixture back into the saucepan and continue whisking for 5 minutes, or until mixture is thickened and the curd coats the back of a metal spoon. Add butter and whisk until melted and fully incorporated.
- Pour into a sterile jar and allow to cool. Curd keeps in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
You might also like
Per Serving: 61 calories; 2.3 10.2 0.7 42 12 Full nutrition