Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients45 m servings 460
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Place cauliflower into the bowl of a food processor and blend until finely chopped.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add carrots, celery, and onion. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Add garlic and continue to cook for 5 to 6 minutes. Pour in broth and cauliflower; increase heat to high. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to a simmer and cook until vegetables are tender, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add flour and cook for 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Whisk milk in slowly and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and add Cheddar cheese slowly until completely combined.
- Pour broth from cauliflower mixture into an electric blender and puree to your desired consistency. Return to the saucepan. Pour cheese sauce into soup and stir well to combine.
- Serve in bowls and garnish with additional Cheddar cheese, if desired.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- You may use white pepper if you don't want the black color of ground black pepper.
- If a chunky soup is desired, do not process cauliflower in the food processor or blender, just chop into florets before adding to the broth. When cauliflower is tender, do not blend soup, just add the cheese and enjoy the soup with chunks of cauliflower.
Per Serving: 460 calories; 31.8 22.5 22.2 94 1505 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1