Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients55 m servings 415
Original recipe yields 12 servings (1 9x13-inch casserole)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir ground beef in the hot skillet until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes. Drain and discard most of the grease. Add onion, garlic powder, cumin, chili powder, salt, and pepper to the beef and cook until onion is soft, about 5 more minutes. Remove from heat.
- Mix condensed soup, milk, sour cream, and green chilies together in a large bowl until well blended. Add beef mixture and stir until incorporated. Transfer just enough beef mixture to cover the bottom of a 9x13-inch baking pan. Layer with 1/2 of the tortillas, 1/2 of the remaining beef mixture, and 1/2 of the shredded Mexican cheese. Repeat layers once more with remaining tortillas, beef mixture, and cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until bubbly and cheese is melted, 30 to 45 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Cream of mushroom or cream of celery soup can be used in place of cream of chicken soup, and jalapeno peppers can be used in place of diced green chiles.
- If you'd like to freeze this before baking, cover the baking dish tightly with aluminum foil and plastic wrap and freeze. When ready to bake, remove from freezer, discard plastic wrap, and bake frozen casserole in a preheated 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) oven until bubbly and heated through, 45 to 60 minutes.
Per Serving: 415 calories; 27 22.9 20.1 74 1109 Full nutrition