Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 45 m servings 589
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Combine chicken, hot sauce, and melted butter in a bowl and marinate for 2 hours.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Saute mushrooms, onion, and garlic in the pan until soft, 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in balsamic. Set aside.
- Heat another skillet over medium-high heat. Pour in Buffalo sauce marinade and chicken; saute until no longer pink in the centers, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place a steamer insert into a saucepan and fill with water to just below the bottom of the steamer. Bring water to a boil. Add asparagus, cover, and steam until tender, 5 to 10 minutes. Transfer immediately to a bowl of ice water to shock so they stay nice and green.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add penne and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender yet firm to the bite, about 11 minutes. Drain; reserving 1 ladleful of pasta water. Stir Buffalo chicken mixture, asparagus, and reserved pasta water into pasta. Add ricotta cheese, Gorgonzola cheese, and Cheddar cheese.
- Heat pasta mixture over low heat until all cheese is melted and looks like a cream sauce, 3 to 5 minutes. Toss in parsley, salt, and pepper and serve.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- You can use heavy cream instead of ricotta cheese. You can use 10 ounces of green beans, cooked al dente, instead of asparagus.
- I like to use balsamic glaze instead of vinegar.
Per Serving: 589 calories; 23.8 64.6 31.9 81 1110 Full nutrition