Ingredients40 m servings 247
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Line a heavy baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt together in a medium bowl. Stir in grated orange zest. Cut in cold butter with 2 knives or a pastry blender until butter is the size of small peas. Mix in cranberries and walnuts.
- Mix 1/2 cup cream and egg in a small bowl until well combined. Add to the flour mixture and stir with a spoon or by hand until just combined and dough comes together. Divide dough in half and form into two 3/4-inch thick circles. Cut each circle in half, and cut each half into 3 triangular-shaped scones. Place scones on the prepared baking sheet and brush with remaining 2 tablespoons heavy cream.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the edges begin to brown slightly, 13 to 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix confectioners' sugar, orange juice, and orange extract together in a small bowl until completely combined. Drizzle glaze over scones and serve warm.
Per Serving: 247 calories; 12.6 30.6 3.5 46 326 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 6
Excellent recipe ~ the scones were perfect and exactly what I was looking for. I had a recipe years ago but couldn't find it and this was as close as you can get. I'm so glad I made these!
I have a similar recipe but no egg in it. I love the cranberry orange walnut scones!