Ingredients20 m servings 721
- Butter the bread with 1 tablespoon butter and place on a large serving plate.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Fry ham lightly, 3 to 4 minutes. Cover with Gruyere cheese and melt, 1 to 2 minutes more. Set aside and keep warm.
- Heat remaining butter in another skillet over medium heat. Add egg and cook until white is set, about 3 minutes. Flip carefully and cook until set but yolk is still runny, 1 minute more.
- Cover the bread with ham and cheese and top with the egg. Sprinkle with parsley, salt, and pepper.
- Cook's Note:
- You can use Swiss cheese instead of Gruyere, if preferred.
Per Serving: 721 calories; 57.2 16.1 35.8 318 1502 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
This is exactly how I make Strammer Max - a big favorite in our house.
I'm not much on bread so open face sandwiches really appeal to me. This was simple and delicious. Even though it's probably not traditional, I couldn't resist putting a little crisp on my bread....