Italian Party Bread
Ingredients1 h servings 280
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Place pizza dough on a floured surface and roll into a rectangular shape between 1/8-inch and 1/4-inch thick, letting dough relax occasionally if it keeps springing back. Spread pesto on top, leaving about a 1-inch border around the edge. Top evenly with provolone cheese, prosciutto, and peppers.
- Roll up tightly in the direction that gives you the most length, ending with the seam on the bottom. Press down to flatten slightly and dust the top lightly with flour. Use a pizza wheel to cut dough lengthwise into 3 long, even strips using a pizza wheel.
- Place strips next to each other but not touching, the middle strip cut-side up and the other two cut-sides facing in. Braid them together, then curl the ends in to form a round wreath shape, tucking any loose ends under the loaf. Transfer onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until nicely browned, about 30 minutes. Let cool slightly and serve warm or at room temperature.
- Chef's Note:
- Any diced Italian-style pickled peppers will work in this, as well as any melting cheese. If using shredded cheese, just press it down.
Per Serving: 280 calories; 12.7 28.5 12 19 715 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
I have made this 4 times now and the braiding does get easier every time. I use a grated hard sheep cheese ( due to dietary issues with cow dairy) and olive tapenade instead of the peppers. Ev...
this turned out absolutely delicious, but unless you are very confident working with dough, i'd suggest stopping at the point where you roll it up, slicing vents in it, and baking it that way. ...
What I thought was going to be a ‘twisted nightmare’ turned out to be a delicious dinner/snack.