Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients3 h 20 m servings 182
Original recipe yields 36 servings (36 cookies)
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, nutmeg, and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Cream together sugar and butter with an electric mixer in a second bowl. Mix in eggs, eggnog, vanilla extract, and rum extract. Add flour mixture and mix by hand until dough comes together. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and chill for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll out dough to 1/2" thickness on a lightly floured surface. Cut into shapes with cookie cutters and place 1-inch apart on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in batches in the preheated oven until cookies are lightly browned on the bottom, 8 to 10 minutes. Carefully transfer to a wire rack and allow to cool, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk together eggnog, corn syrup, vanilla extract, rum extract, and nutmeg for the icing in a bowl. Mix in as much powdered sugar 1 cup at a time, until icing is smooth and desired consistency is reached.
- Dip cookie tops in icing and place on waxed paper to dry.
You might also like
Per Serving: 182 calories; 4.6 33.7 2 23 61 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
Delicious. This will be a Christmas tradition in our home from now on!!!!