Easy Chicken Empanadas
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"A definite party pleaser, these easy chicken empanadas (pastelillos as Puerto Ricans call them) are so delicious! I promise that you will receive rave reviews. They are so tasty with the right amount of heat to them. I don't like spicy items and this recipe is perfection balancing flavor and spice. Enjoy!"
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients35 m servings 377
Original recipe yields 10 servings (10 empanadas)
- Mix chicken with Mexican cheese blend, pimentos, green chiles, onion, mayonnaise, and jalapeno.
- Place about 1 tablespoon of the mixture into the center of each empanada disc. Run a wet finger around the rim of each disc. Fold into a half-moon shape and press edges together with a fork to seal well.
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Fry 1 to 2 empanadas at a time in the hot oil until brown, 1 to 2 minutes per batch.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- I sometimes add more spices to the filling mixture for more flavor.
- If you want to use raw chicken, season it with adobo, oregano, sazon with cilantro and achiote, and ground black pepper before you cook and shred it.
- Editor's Note:
- We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. Amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and specific type of oil used.
Per Serving: 377 calories; 24.3 24.3 17.2 48 554 Full nutrition