Instant Pot® Vegan Chili con Yaca
1 made it | 0 reviews |
"This Texas-style chili uses chunks of jackfruit mixed with beans and veggies to create a hearty meal even meat lovers will enjoy. Using bitters, liquid smoke, and dark soy sauce creates a smooth flavor similar to Worcestershire sauce; while stout beer and coffee lend a depth of flavor and body associated with traditional chili con carne. This recipe makes a full 7 quarts, good for your get-together or freeze some. Serve with cheese, sour cream, and avocado if desired."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 25 m servings 383
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Soak the black beans, kidney beans, and pinto beans in separate bowls in warm water for 1 hour to help remove gas-producing compounds. Pat the drained jackfruit dry.
- Turn on a multi-functional pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot(R)) and select Saute function. Heat olive oil in the pot. Saute jackfruit pieces until browned, 5 to 7 minutes. Add cremini mushrooms, oyster mushrooms, onion, jalapenos, and garlic. Saute until onion is soft and translucent, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Turn off Saute function. Add drained beans, crushed tomatoes, pumpkin, corn, beer, coffee, and tomato paste. Fill the empty crushed tomato can with cold water and pour it in. Add liquid smoke, soy sauce, bitters, brown sugar, Mexican oregano, chipotle pepper, cumin, coriander, smoked paprika, paprika, cinnamon, salt, and black pepper. Stir to combine. Close and lock the lid. Select Stew function according to manufacturer's instructions; set timer for 25 minutes. Allow 10 to 15 minutes for pressure to build.
- Release pressure using the natural-release method according to manufacturer's instructions, 10 to 15 minutes. Unlock and remove the lid; stir.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Leave big chunks of jackfruit. This gives the chili a meaty texture.
Per Serving: 383 calories; 10.5 54.8 10.9 0 517 Full nutrition