0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 50 m servings 134
Original recipe yields 32 servings (2 pounds)
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with a silicone mat. Mix together baking soda, 1 teaspoon water, and vanilla in a small bowl; set aside.
- Mix together sugar, 1 cup water, and corn syrup in a 3-quart saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture reaches 240 degrees F (115 degrees C) on a candy thermometer, or until a small amount of syrup dropped into cold water forms a soft ball that flattens when removed from water and placed on a flat surface, about 25 minutes.
- Stir in pecans and butter. Heat to 300 degrees F (149 degrees C) or until a small amount of syrup dropped into cold water forms hard, brittle threads, about 13 minutes. Immediately remove from the heat and stir in reserved baking soda mixture, until candy is light and foamy.
- Pour mixture onto the prepared baking sheet and allow to cool until hardened, 1 to 2 hours. Break into pieces.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- I like to use a silicone mat, it seems to work the best but if you don't have one, cover 2 cookie sheets with heavy duty foil and then coat with butter.
- Always use metal or wooden utensils when stirring, scraping, or spreading hot candy.
- Candy thermometers take out all the guess work, I always use one and this recipe has never failed me.
- Stick margarine can be used in place of butter, but the flavor just isn't as nice.
Per Serving: 134 calories; 7.2 18.4 0.8 3 73 Full nutrition