Vegetarian Mushroom Gravy
6 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients35 m servings 226
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add shallot and cook, stirring occasionally, until shallots are a deep golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in mushrooms, garlic, salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms are nicely browned, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Pour sherry into the pan and bring to a boil while scraping the browned bits of food off the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon. Cook and stir until sherry is reduced, about 2 minutes. Remove mushroom mixture from the skillet and set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and melt remaining 3 tablespoons of butter in the skillet. Add flour to make a roux, stirring continuously, until mixture is light golden brown, about 2 minutes. Add vegetable broth and tarragon; whisk until gravy is smooth and no lumps of flour remain.
- Increase heat to medium-high, return mushroom mixture to the skillet, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered, until mixture has reduced, about 8 minutes. Stir in soy sauce. Adjust seasonings, if necessary.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- If reheating, add a bit more broth to thin out the gravy if necessary.
Per Serving: 226 calories; 15.1 18.4 4.3 38 896 Full nutrition