Mushroom Tortellini Alfredo
6 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients25 m servings 1116
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil; stir in tortellini and return to a boil. Cook uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the tortellini float to the top and are tender yet firm to the bite, 2 to 3 minutes; do not overcook. Drain, reserving some pasta water.
- Meanwhile, melt butter over medium heat in a large skillet. Add mushrooms, and saute until tender and golden brown, about 5 minutes. Reduce heat to low, pour in 1 1/2 cups of cream, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and add drained tortellini; toss to combine. Stir in remaining 1/2 cup of heavy cream, 1 1/2 cups Parmesan cheese, lemon zest, nutmeg, sea salt, and pepper; toss until well incorporated.
- Place the skillet over low heat and cook until Parmesan has melted and sauce has thickened slightly, 1 to 2 remaining Parmesan and parsley.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Please don't omit the lemon zest, as it brings a wonderful flavor to the sauce. Feel free to substitute Pecorino Romano for the Parmesan.
Per Serving: 1116 calories; 81.7 67.1 33.8 292 1091 Full nutrition