Lentils with Shrimp and Scallops
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"I've been trying to find a new recipe for shrimp and lentils and this is one of my best creations yet. Serve with crusty bread and if desired add your favorite hot sauce. This reminds me of a seafood gumbo with the added benefit of lentils. My husband has requested I try adding a firm fish next time as well."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients50 m servings 431
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Combine lentils and seafood stock in a pot. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and let simmer until lentils are tender, about 20 minutes.
- While lentils are cooking, heat olive oil and chili oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Saute onion, bell peppers, and garlic in the hot oil until soft, 5 to 7 minutes. Add shrimp and scallops; saute briefly, 3 to 5 minutes. Add lentils, reserving any remaining cooking liquid from the lentil pot.
- Season with Italian seasoning, parsley, seafood seasoning, and salt. Add more stock or liquid reserved from lentils if needed. Let simmer over low heat for 15 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- You can use your own prepared broth instead of seafood stock. You can use ground black pepper instead of chili oil, if preferred.
- I like to cook my lentils until they are very soft and just beginning to break apart.
- I reserved the fluid the scallops came in and added it to the vegetables as well.
Per Serving: 431 calories; 9 46.2 40.3 135 762 Full nutrition