Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 40 m servings 162
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Heat olive oil in a small frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook and stir onions in the hot oil until until translucent, about 5 minutes. Reduce heat to low and continue cooking and stirring until onion is very tender and dark brown, about 30 minutes more.
- Pour vegetable broth into a pot and place over medium heat. Add rice and minced garlic; stir in kale and spinach, adding more broth if necessary. Add onions to the pot. Allow the greens to reduce and rice to fully cook, about 45 minutes.
- Use an immersion blender to blend to desired consistency. Add goat cheese and use the blender again to create a creamy texture. Stir in lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Using an immersion blender to puree the soup is ideal but a regular mixing blender works just as well.
- My family loves the flavor and we do not add salt or pepper. For those that like a little spice, a generous dash of cayenne pepper can also be added prior to blending.
- My wife is vegetarian, that is why I use the vegetable broth when making this soup. Chicken broth could be used as well.
Per Serving: 162 calories; 5 24 7.6 6 576 Full nutrition