Air Fryer Hush Puppies
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients25 m servings 85
Original recipe yields 12 servings (12 hush puppies)
- Preheat an air fryer to 390 degrees F (198 degrees C) according to manufacturer's instructions. Line the bottom of the air fryer basket with aluminum foil and spray with nonfat cooking spray.
- Stir cornmeal, flour, baking powder, salt, cayenne, and garlic powder together in a large bowl. Mix in onion and bell pepper.
- Whisk buttermilk and egg together in a separate bowl. Stir into cornmeal mixture. Let mixture rest for 5 minutes.
- Drop cornmeal mixture into the foil-lined basket using a 2-tablespoon cookie scoop, making sure not to have them touching each other. Coat with nonfat cooking spray.
- Cook in the preheated air fryer until golden brown, crispy, and cooked through, 9 to 10 minutes. Serve hot.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- You can use any color bell pepper that you prefer.
- Air fryers heat differently, so check occasionally for doneness. If you need to cook in batches, put all hush puppies back into the fryer at the end, and give them a quick reheat for 1 to 2 minutes.
- I ended up with 12 good-size hush puppies using the 2 tablespoon cookie scoop, but if you like them smaller, just be sure to adjust your cooking time.
Per Serving: 85 calories; 0.9 16.3 2.8 16 181 Full nutrition