Delicious Italian Meatball Sliders
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients45 m servings 950
Original recipe yields 6 servings (12 sliders)
- Mix ground beef, pork sausage, bread crumbs, egg, Cajun seasoning, seasoned salt, garlic powder, pepper, and salt together in a large bowl until well combined. Form mixture into twelve 2-inch meatballs. Form any remaining meat mixture into meatballs or patties, and freeze for another time.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Heat oil in a large, deep frying pan over medium-high heat. Place meatballs in the hot oil and cook until browned, 4 to 5 minutes per side. Transfer meatballs to a plate and cover with aluminum foil. Drain all but about 1 tablespoon grease from the pan.
- Add onion to the pan; cook and stir until onion has softened and turned translucent, about 5 minutes. Add spaghetti sauce, garlic powder, and seasoned salt; bring to a simmer. Return meatballs to the pan and simmer until no longer pink in the centers, about 5 minutes more. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center of the meatballs should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
- Meanwhile, slice ciabatta buns in half and spread butter over the cut sides. Place on a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until buns are slightly crisp, about 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and turn on the broiler. Place 1 meatball on each bottom bun, top with 1 to 2 tablespoons of sauce, and sprinkle with shredded Italian cheese. Sprinkle top buns with more Italian cheese.
- Broil until cheese is melted, 1 to 2 minutes.
You might also like
- Editor's Note:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of meat. As a portion of the meat is frozen for a later use, the actual amount of meat consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 950 calories; 36.1 106.8 45.8 128 2412 Full nutrition