Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 40 m servings 374
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Place macaroni into the bottom of a multi-functional pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot(R)) and pour in water. Add a trivet on top of that, so that it sits above the the water, and place the egg on it. Close and lock the lid; turn the valve to Sealing. Select high pressure according to manufacturer's instructions; set timer for 5 minutes. Allow 10 to 15 minutes for pressure to build.
- Release pressure carefully using the quick-release method according to manufacturer's instructions, about 5 minutes. Unlock and remove the lid. Remove the egg and place into a bowl of ice water for 5 minutes; remove the trivet.
- Leave the macaroni in the liner, but remove it from the Instant Pot(R) to avoid additional residual cooking. Add several ice cubes and cold water to the liner, stirring macaroni, which will stop the cooking process.
- Pour macaroni into a colander; drain very well to avoid a watery macaroni salad. Dry out the inside of the liner and return the macaroni to the liner.
- Peel the egg and dice. Add egg, red bell pepper, pepper Jack cheese, jalapeno, celery, and onion to the pot and stir.
- Whisk mayonnaise, vinegar, Sriracha, salt, garlic powder, cayenne, and black pepper together in a small bowl. Add dressing to the macaroni mixture, stir until well incorporated. Transfer the salad to a bowl and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, allowing time for the flavors to meld.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- If your preference is salad dressing (such as Miracle Whip®) rather than mayonnaise, please feel free to sub it.
Per Serving: 374 calories; 27.1 24.6 8.2 69 656 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1