Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients8 h 50 m servings 298
Original recipe yields 6 servings (1 8x8-inch bread pudding)
- Grease an 8-inch square baking dish.
- Place apples, butter, brown sugar, 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon, and salt into a skillet over medium heat. Saute until sugar bubbles, about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Place eggs, half-and-half, cream cheese, and remaining cinnamon into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Scatter cubed bagels, cooked apples, and pecans in the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Pour egg mixture on top, making sure to submerge bagel cubes. Let sit in the refrigerator 8 hours to overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bake in the preheated oven until no liquid remains, 30 to 40 minutes. Serve hot.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- You can use plain bagels instead of cinnamon, or use 6 slices of stale bread, cubed.
- You can use pumpkin pie spice instead of ground cinnamon, if preferred.
- You can use any combination of heavy cream, half-and-half, or milk instead of all half-and-half.
Per Serving: 298 calories; 17 29 9.2 152 652 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
I used more brown sugar and more cinnamon increased to a Tablespoon, 3/4 cup of milk and 4 apples with wheat bread.