Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 25 m servings 280
Original recipe yields 10 servings
- Heat a frying pan over medium-high heat. Coat bottom with 3 tablespoons oil; add steak and cook, turning as needed, until browned, 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer steak to a 3-quart baking dish.
- Add remaining oil to the frying pan. Saute onion, mushrooms, and garlic until softened, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat; add red wine, tomato paste, flour, salt, pepper, and bay leaf. Blend in beef broth until well combined. Pour mixture over beef. Cover baking dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven until beef is tender, about 1 hour. Gently stir in sour cream and serve.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Substitute butter for the olive oil if desired.
- Substitute beef consomme for the broth, if desired.
Per Serving: 280 calories; 17 5.7 24.4 66 362 Full nutrition